Tiny Live Art (Development Agency) - 20 works for 20 years
For LADA’s 20th anniversary, Robert Daniels has created the special edition Tiny Live Art (Development Agency) - 20 works for 20 years: 20 miniature sculptures of iconic performance works, which were nominated by artists and curators.
Part re-enactment, part archive, part hobby, Tiny Live Art embraces and embodies theories and practices of performance documentation, re-enactment and the making and sharing of memory, and draws from aspects of street art, installation and hobbyist pursuits like model railway and airfix kit building.
Robert Daniels has created two sets of Tiny Live Art (Development Agency) editions. One set of editions is made up of twenty pieces which have been created with a bespoke display and are exclusively available as one-off works for sale on Unbound.
The second set of editions are encased within bell jars, are on permanent display in LADA’s Study Room, and are not available to purchase.
- Marina Abramović, 7 Easy Pieces, reperforming Gina Pane's, The Conditioning, first action of Self-portrait(s) (1973)
- Franko B, I Miss You!
- Kira O’Reilly, Stair Falling
- Ron Athey, Self Obliteration
- La Ribot, Another Bloody Mary
- Martin O’Brien, It’s Good To Breath In (This Venice Air)
- Lone Twin, Totem
- Bobby Baker, Drawing On A Mother’s Experience
- Oreet Ashery, Hairoism
- Selina Thompson, Pat It and Prick It and Mark It with ‘B’
- Tania El Khoury, Gardens Speak
- Harold Offeh, Covers
- Aaron Williamson, Artist Leaps On To The Gallery Wall
- Station House Opera, The Bastille Dances
- Guillermo Gómez-Peña & Coco Fusco, The Couple In The Cage
- Pytor Pavlensky, Fixation
- Chris Burden, Shoot
- Joseph Beuys, I like America and America Likes Me
- Yoko Ono, Cut Piece
- William Pope.L, The Great White Way
Robert Daniels has created two sets of Tiny Live Art (Development Agency) editions. One set of editions is on permanent display in LADA’s Study Room, within bell jar cases. The second set of editions are available for individual purchase on Unbound, with a bespoke display developed for each — for example, the Chris Burden Shoot figures are standing on a rifle. Also on Unbound, you can read in his own words, about Robert Daniel's process and thoughts on making each edition.
Tiny Live Art (Development Agency) launch event: 6 March
In 2019, LADA is marking its 20th Anniversary and we are celebrating with a series of initiatives throughout the year including a publication, Agency, A Partial History of Live Art (edited by Theron Schmidt and co-published with Intellect Books), which will be launched with an event on 6 March; a radio series on Live Art histories and futures for Resonance FM; a box set of 20 postcards representing key LADA projects and initiatives; and a series of free events here at our home at The Garrett Centre – Live Art on the page, the stage and the screen.